Home School AGREEMENT
WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO
- Provide opportunities for spiritual development through prayer and attending mass both at St. Joseph’s Parish Church and at school.
- Provide an environment which is happy, friendly, supportive, caring and safe.
- Encourage children to treat their surroundings and others with consideration and respect.
- Create and maintain a learning environment which will enable each child to reach their full potential.
- Keep parents informed about all general school matters through regular written contact with the home.
- Let parents know of any concerns or problems about punctuality, attendance, uniform or equipment that might affect their child’s learning or behaviour.
- Provide and evaluate regular homework linked to topic learning areas.
- Arrange regular parent’s evening to discuss children’s progress.
- Work in Partnership with any issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
I WILL TRY AS HARD AS I CAN TO
- Take an active part in acts of worship and prayer.
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Wear the full school uniform correctly and with pride.
- Respect and care for other people in the school community, including other children and staff.
- Keep the school’s behaviour policy and golden rules.
- Bring all the equipment that I need every day.
- Work hard at school and at home with my homework.
- Always try my best to achieve my full potential.
I/WE WILL ENDEAVOUR TO
- Support the school’s Catholic ethos and encourage my child/ren to pray and attend mass regularly.
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, arrives at school on time every day and is collected punctually.
- Contact school on first day of absence and keep the school updated if the absence continues.
- Make the school aware of any problems that might affect my child’s learning or behaviour.
- Attend Parent’s Evening and discussions about my child’s progress.
- Support the child with their homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Support the school in its management of behaviour and discipline.
- Permit external agencies to work together for the benefit t of my child.
- Ensure that family contact details are updated as soon as changes occur.
- Work with the staff at the school in a positive manner to ensure the best opportunities for your child to learn.
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Support children’s spiritual development.
- Support and guide your child/ren’s learning, helping them to achieve their best.
- Help the child to become responsible and thoughtful members of the school community.
- Educate children to become respectful, kind and considerate to others.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
At Notre Dame our mission is to ensure that every child achieves their full potential with the Gospel Values at the heart of everything we do. We achieve this by:
- Living as Christ wants us to, illustrating daily our school values.
- Praying and reflecting together.
- Establishing a rich, safe and stimulating environment.
- Developing and maintaining excellent levels of educational achievements for every child.
- Teaching children how to respect and value everyone equally.
- Developing happy, confident and well behaved children.
- Working in partnership with parents, our local parish and the community to live out the Gospel values.
May Jesus' light continue to shine the way as we love, learn and laugh.
OUR VALUES, AS CHOSEN BY THE CHILDREN AND STAFF AT NOTRE DAME ARE: